Ag & Timber sales tax exemption

Why Do You Need an Ag/Timber Number?

Since Jan. 1, 2012, a person claiming an agriculture or timber exemption on the purchase of certain items used in the production of agricultural and timber products for sale is required under Texas law to have a Texas Agricultural and Timber Exemption Registration Number (Ag/Timber Number).

To claim the exemption, you must provide the Ag/Timber Number to the seller on the appropriate form. See Publication 94-101 to learn more.

    If you wish to be added to our email list for updates like this, email and say, “add me to your Ext. News list.”


Click on the link above to find everything you need to register online or call 1-800-252-5555 to have forms mailed to you.

Comments are closed.